In the aftermath of a personal injury, such as a car accident, it may be confusing determining where you should seek medical treatment. While it’s advised to visit your primary care physician, there are quite a few treatment options available.
Depending on the extent and type of injury, chiropractic care may be an ideal form of therapy. As a safe, non-invasive, and holistic approach to care, visiting a chiropractor can help those recovering from personal injuries achieve a faster and more successful recovery.
In this blog, we’re taking a closer look at common personal injuries and how chiropractic care could be the right solution to aid those in recovery. Governor’s Park Chiropractic is Denver’s top full-service chiropractic office. With convenient offices in Denver, Wheat Ridge, and Lone Tree, we can provide better care to even more patients in the greater Denver area.
In addition to personal injuries, our experienced healthcare team can effectively treat a range of health issues, including chronic pain, limited mobility, or even headaches and migraines. We offer a range of treatments, including spinal decompression, massage therapy, acupuncture, and more to ensure we can help you on your road to recovery.
What are the Most Common Personal Injuries?
A personal injury is an injury that is inflicted on you by the negligent actions of another person, business, or government entity. A personal injury may account for physical injuries, mental or emotional injuries, or even property damage. These types of injuries fall under this specific category because they may lead to a personal injury lawsuit where the victim can file a personal injury claim to receive financial compensation for their injuries.
Common personal injury scenarios include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
Depending on the severity of the accident, victims may experience a range of injuries. However, some of the most common types of personal injuries that can be treated by an experienced chiropractor include:
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Poor mobility
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Headaches and migraines
- Soft tissue injuries
- Muscle strains or sprains
Can Chiropractors Treat Personal Injuries?
Following a personal injury accident, such as a car accident or motorcycle accident, you may have several treatment options available. And while most individuals know that you should consult with your doctor or even seek out help from a physical therapist, many are surprised to learn that chiropractors are ideal for treating a range of personal injuries.
Following a personal injury accident, such as a car crash or bicycle accident, it’s common for the sudden trauma and impact to affect the musculoskeletal system. An injury like whiplash or a shoulder sprain can knock your musculoskeletal system out of its proper alignment, which over time, can lead to various health problems. Not only can this misalignment cause chronic pain and negatively impair your mobility, but it can even affect the health and functioning of your nervous system.
For treating injuries that affect the musculoskeletal system, chiropractors are an ideal choice. These healthcare professionals are trained specifically to diagnose and treat injuries and ailments that affect your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or nervous system.
With hands-on adjustments, a chiropractor can actually realign your spine and your entire musculoskeletal system so that it returns to its natural positioning. When this occurs, patients can experience a range of health benefits that are good for both the body and mind.
Chiropractic Adjustments Can Help You Avoid More Invasive Treatments
Additionally, many patients prefer chiropractic care because it can help them avoid more invasive types of treatment. Chiropractic adjustments work with your body to heal naturally, which means you don’t have to worry about potential side effects. In some cases, successful chiropractic care can help personal injury victims completely avoid more invasive treatments, such as prescription medications or surgery.
Of course, you should still consult with your physician to determine the best treatment options for your specific needs. Sometimes your doctor may recommend chiropractic care in tandem with other treatments, such as physical therapy or medication, to help you get lasting results in your recovery.
5 Benefits of Chiropractic Care
While chiropractic care can be beneficial for those recovering from personal injuries, that’s just the beginning when it comes to the benefits of this type of care. In fact, chiropractic care is ideal for a range of different patients and injuries.
Some of the top benefits of chiropractic care include:
- Natural pain relief: chronic pain is a common lingering issue after a personal injury. Chiropractic care, however, can offer quick and natural pain relief by realigning your musculoskeletal system. These adjustments can return your body to its proper positioning, and as a result, improve nervous system functioning and pain relief.
- Better athletic performance: there’s a reason why most professional sports teams have a chiropractor on their staff. Receiving chiropractic adjustments can be beneficial even if you aren’t recovering from an injury. Regular chiropractic care can improve your overall fitness level and boost athletic performance. For example, a sports injury chiropractor can help athletes recover from injuries and also improve their health to reduce their risk of future injuries.
- Restored mobility: chiropractic care can address limited mobility and other issues affecting joint areas like your shoulders, spine, knees, and neck. When chiropractic adjustment realigns the spinal column, many patients experience better mobility and reduce pain in these areas.
- Improved posture: for many of us, it’s hard to avoid sitting hunched over at a desk all day for work. Over time, poor posture can negatively affect your entire spinal column and lead to pain, stiffness, or loss of flexibility. Chiropractic adjustments, however, can help to improve your posture—no matter your line of work.
- Relief for headaches and migraines: a tension headache or migraine can quickly ruin your day. One 2016 study suggests spinal manipulation can prove effective in treating headache symptoms, especially from headaches originating from the neck.
Conclusion – Can Chiropractors Treat Personal Injuries?
Whether resulting from a car accident, motorcycle accident, a slip and fall, or even medical malpractice, personal injuries can significantly affect the quality of your life. Chronic pain and limited mobility can make even the simplest of your daily activities feel impossible. And if left untreated, even seemingly minor injuries can linger and get even worse.
If you’re recovering from a personal injury, speak to your doctor about the potential benefits of chiropractic care. Chiropractic adjustments work to reposition the musculoskeletal system into its proper positioning. Following this realignment, patients may experience a range of healthcare benefits, such as pain relief and better nervous system functioning, to help them recover more effectively from an injury or ailment. If you’re experiencing a personal injury or any other musculoskeletal health issue, Governor’s Park is here to help.
Our experienced and friendly chiropractic staff understands that each recovery is unique. That’s why we create personalized treatment plans for each one of our patients. Whether you’re in need of personal injury recovery, chiropractic adjustments, spinal decompression, massage therapy, or even custom orthotics, our evidence-based treatments can accelerate your recovery and get you back to the activities you love. No matter your healthcare needs or goals, know that the team at Governor’s Park is here to help.
Contact us today at Governor’s Park Chiropractic and discover what our full-service Denver chiropractic office can do for you.